NILA 2020 Lab Leaders Forum and Mid-Winter Meeting
February 7-8, 2020, Friday-Saturday
Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows
6114 N. Scottsdale Road
NILA's Annual "Lab Leaders Forum" and Mid-Winter Meeting for clinical laboratory executives (CEOs, CFOs, COOs, Presidents, VPs, and other Laboratory Executives) offers the ideal platform for personal interactions, shared insights, and networking.
Topics to be discussed at the Mid-Winter Meeting include:
- Legislative / Regulatory Issues
- Implementing 2020 PAMA Fee Schedule Changes; Litigation Challenging CMS’s definition of “Applicable Laboratory”; Implementing the LAB Act (HR 3584)
- Delay in Reporting Private Payor Data
- Proposed CLIA Fee Increases
- Eliminating Kickbacks in Recovery Act of 2018 (EKRA)
- New Issues
- What constitutes a laboratory? The Role of Bioinformatisists
- Possible Revisions to CLIA
- CRISPR Diagnostics
- Task Force Reports
- Opioid Task Force
- Payor Relations and Laboratory Compliance Task Force
- Other Topics - submit discussion topics
Schedule at a Glance
Friday, February 7
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 8
8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
This meeting is an open forum and encourages interaction.
Andaz Scottsdale Resort & Bungalows is situated in beautiful Paradise Valley and is within walking distance of many well-known Scottsdale/Paradise Valley restaurants and entertainment venues. A short drive to the north, you’ll find Old Town Scottsdale, Scottsdale Fashion Square, boutique shopping areas and nightlife, restaurants and entertainment venues. Art galleries and museums, golf and outdoor experiences, and endless desert adventures are a short drive away. The Andaz staff will assist with car rental to explore Phoenix, Sedona and Arizona’s natural wonders.
Recognized by Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today Readers’ Choice, and Phoenix Magazine, the Andaz Resort is a luxury home away from home. Enjoy large bungalow-style rooms and suites surrounded by a spectacular desert landscape – including unparalleled views of Camelback Mountain. Rooms feature patios and private terraces, oversized bathrooms and showers, and 65-inch Wi-Fi-enabled TVs. Renew and refresh at the on-site Palo Verde Spa & Apothecary, lounge by one of three sparkling pools, or maintain your workout routine at the state of the art 24-hour fitness center.
Complimentary services and amenities include:
- High-speed wireless internet in all guest rooms and public areas of the resort
- Door-to-door valet parking or self-parking
- Seasonal welcome beverage
- 24-hour fitness center
- Preferred access to Cattle Track Arts Compound, a thriving artists enclave, and Arizona State University (ASU) Kerr Cultural Center, a concert and performing arts venue
- Seasonal complimentary local trolley (destinations vary by season)
- GoPro rentals
- Golf concierge
- Automobile charging stations
- Pool activities and treats
The Andaz Resort’s eclectic culinary program combines local ingredients with traditional culinary techniques to create an inspiring dining experience. Weft & Warp Art Bar + Kitchen offers a unique blend of locally-sourced ingredients, refined cooking techniques and desert inspired craft cocktails from the living room style bar and “glass box” plancha (Spanish for “grilled on a metal plate”) kitchen. Stop by the Turquoise Pool Bar for poolside snacks and cocktails under the sun, or enjoy the 24-hour room service menu
Hotel & Travel Accommodations
The Andaz Resort guestroom rates for NILA members, per night, single or double occupancy, are:
- $319: Standard Rooms – 330-355 sq. ft. bungalow with a king or two queen beds, spacious bath/shower, terrace/patio
- $339: Saarinen King Bungalow – 485 sq. ft. bungalow with a king bed, spacious bath/shower, private enclosed terrace/patio
- $519: Cattle Track Suite – 750 sq. ft. bungalow with a king bed, pull out sofa, two full baths, spacious living area, terrace/patio
Applicable taxes, which are currently 13.17%, will apply. Room rates are available to NILA members three days prior to and three days after the event if you would like to extend your stay. The regular $39 daily resort fee is waived for NILA meeting participants.
Make reservations online or call (800)233-1234. Be sure to mention that you are attending the National Independent Laboratory Association meeting. The deadline for guaranteed availability of hotel rooms at the rates listed above is January 16, 2020. Rooms may still be available after that date, but not necessarily at the group rates.
Book your flight now! Good airfares are available to Phoenix, so book your flight NOW! Check with your travel agent, the airline websites, or reseller websites (e.g. Orbitz).
The Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is approximately 16 miles (23 minutes by car) from the Andaz Resort. Visit the following links for information regarding rental cars and other forms of transportation from Phoenix Sky Harbor to the Andaz Resort.
Register online below or complete this registration form, and return it to the NILA office.
This meeting is restricted to NILA members. In order to register, your laboratory must be a current NILA member. For information on joining NILA, click here.
|$495.00||NILA Member Registration - includes seminars, continental breakfasts and breaks (2/7, 2/8), and lunch (2/7).
fee ends 2/8/2020
|$495.00||NILA Vendor Registration - includes seminars, continental breakfasts and breaks (2/7, 2/8), and lunch (2/7).
fee ends 2/8/2020
|$225.00||Spouse/Guest Package - includes continental breakfasts and breaks (2/7, 2/8), and lunch (2/7).
fee ends 2/8/2020