March 21 LOCS (CDC) Email
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Subject: CDC Posts New Standard Operating Procedure for Creating Viral Transport Media
Level: Laboratory Alert
As the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) response continues, many laboratories are reporting difficulty obtaining viral transport media (VTM). In response to this VTM shortage, CDC has posted a new standard operating procedure (SOP) for laboratories to create their own VTM in accordance with CDC’s protocol.
- CDC's Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC Interim Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines for COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) website
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign-up
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.