March 31 LOCS (CDC) Email
Subject: Laboratory Advisory: Updated Clinical Guidance on Testing Persons for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Audience: Clinical Laboratory Professionals
Level: Laboratory Advisory
CDC recently issued updated clinical guidance for evaluating and testing persons for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19). This LOCS message is intended to share the recently updated guidance with clinical laboratories that might be asked to perform COVID-19 testing.
The guidance reflects two modifications:
- Updated priorities for testing patients with suspected COVID-19 infection, presented in a printable PDF
- Reorganized Criteria to Guide Evaluation and Laboratory Testing for COVID-19
- Clinical Laboratory COVID-19 Response Weekly Calls
- CDC's Laboratory Outreach Communication System (LOCS)
- COVID-19 Information for Laboratories
- CDC COVID-19 website
- Register for CDC Health Alert Network (HAN) notifications, including updates about COVID-19. Enter your email address, search for HAN, and sign up
If you have any questions, please contact us at LOCS@cdc.gov.